Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Sewing & Stitchery Expo, Puyallup, WA

I gotta say, I love coming up to Washington for this quilt show.  I have very dear friends who live in Olympia, WA and I get to bunk with them and catch up with our lives.

The show is not a typical quilt show, actually there are no quilts hanging at all, except in the booths of the vendors.

There are garment makers, yarn and thread vendors, lots of things I don't always see at a regular quilt show.

They also have the Fisher Scones.  Those alone are worth the drive to the Northwest.
They are baked every morning, warm and yummy and filled with butter and Raspberry Jam

Breakfast
Lunch
I saw lots of old friends and made some new ones.  Like most vendors, we spend a lot of time and money getting our booths loaded with treasures for everyone to enjoy.

The Sewing Expo this year was the worst case of shoplifting that I have ever experienced as a vendor.  Almost every vendor I know lost something.   The first day, my husband, Mike watched a lady look around and take 2 Half yard packages of fabric.  She was 2 booths away when, he stepped in front of her and pulled our fabric from her hands.  Wide-eyed, she start babbling about, "I'll pay double, I'll pay double"  He told her just to stay out of our booth.  I was shocked, I know it happens but I want to believe the best in people. 
By day 2, one booth had lost 3 quilts and a small table topper, another had lost a sample bag that was zip-tied to her grid, a roll of batting, 2 scarfs and who knows what else were all stolen from various vendors.  
Then Karma came to town.  We may not have gotten all of them, but they did catch two of them.  It was a Mother-Daughter team on scooters.  The mother dumped a drink on a table in a booth to cause a distraction and the daughter went to work filling up with goodies.  The cops came and arrested them.  The next day, they brought the stolen goods back to find out the retail value and return them to their owners. 
Here is what thieves look like.  
Ma Thief is in Purple and Daughter Thief is in Red
They don't look too happy do they?  Well, that's ok, because neither were we when you steal from us.
Right in the Center is one of my Pink Cell Phone Purses they had stolen.
Look at all that loot!!! Do they realize how much time and money goes into creating those quilts?
Happy Vendors getting their stuff back

The Police taking reports. 
I heard that there was enough recovered, that the Scooter Bandits were being charged with Grand Larceny.  The last day of the show, there was visible Security walking around the show.  Too late for many, but still nice to see.  I hope next year, the Security will be there front and center.  I guess, just because you have gray hair doesn't make you honest.  A young thief will grow into an old thief.
If you are ever at a show, and see something. Say something.  

Moving on......Yahoo the 3rd Annual Blog Hop is about to start.  Rhonda from Farmhouse Threads kicks off the blog hop next week.  I can't tell you the theme, but I know you will love it.  





MARCH 10 - Rhonda McCray, Farmhouse Threads  
MARCH 17 - Shawn York, Rusty Crow Quilt Shop  
MARCH 24 - Lisa Bongean, Primitive Gatherings  
MARCH 31 - Jeni Gaston, Woolen Willow Designs  jenifromthewillow.blogspot.com
APRIL 7TH - Debbie Busby, Wooden Spool Designs  
APRIL 14 - Joyce Weeks, Geoffs Mom Pattern Co.  
APRIL 21 - Kathi Campbell, Heart to Hand
APRIL 28 - Linda and Donna, My Red Door Designs  
MAY 5 - Joan Grenke, Bits and Pieces by Joan  
MAY 12 - Gloria, Vicky and Heather, Old Green Cupboard Designs  
MAY 19 -  Laural Arestad, Simply Put Plus
MAY 26 - Kathy and Taylor, The Cottage at Cardiff Farms  thecottageatcardifffarms.com/blog
JUNE 2 - FINISHING Farmhouse Threads   


Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved.



12 comments:

  1. such a sad comment on our society. I'm sorry you had/have to go through that. It takes courage to be a vendor and I'm grateful for people that find it and are rewarded instead with honest shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shawn!! That really stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always appalled to hear about quilt shows...and shops having thieves...but do know it happens...happened to our quilt store...many samples taken and who knows what else. One sample stolen was found at a local thrift shop. Do they just do it to see what they can get away with?? So glad that these thieves were caught and hope they get punished to the greatest extent of law. Hope it was still a good show for you.
    The blog hop sounds fun. Will collect the patterns and sew when??? Way too many projects going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know why everyone was on high alert. So sad. Glad you got your stuff back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow i never thought i will happy in my life ever again, i want you all to thank DR OGUDUGU of GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM, he is a father that takes care of his children the spell caster of our time, he has saved me from a very ugly situation that almost made my life miserable and i want you all to thank him for me,my husband and i have be married for so many years now with children and the relationship was being threatened by a small girl in his working place,she was almost destroying my home i met so many spell casters but to no avail until i met a friend who came from africa and she told me about DR OGUDUGU, and i decided to contact him and try him out as i was losing faith in all spell casters, but he told not to worry that now am in his temple everything will be alright he assured me 100% that his spell has no side effects and that it will work straight and save my home and my marriage and after he has performed the sacrifices and casted the spell, my husband came back to us with love and affection and he loved us more and more and he never looked back or none did his love for me waiver, if you are also experiencing this sort of your situation in your home, if your husband is drifting away, if you are experiencing a broken home or you have lost your husband to a young woman outside there then look no further help is here as GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM is ready to help you out okay for any of your problem is it financial needs, revenge spell,Hiv cure, job spell, promotion spell what kind of spell do you need DR OGUDUGU is going to solve it for you okay i have promised him to always talk of his good works to the world in general and to any body who cares to listen, you can email him on his personal email on GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM or his website @ www.greatdrogudugusolutiontemple.webs.com and he will attend to you as soon as possible okay once again his email is GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! OMG!! MY HUSBAND IS BACK AGAIN

    I never knew people still have powers and make things happen this way. I am from United states, my husband Henry bob left me for another woman for 4 years, ever since then my life have been filled with pains sorrow and heart break because i had two daughters and a son for him, A friend of mine Laura told me she saw some testimonies of this greatest PROPHET UGODOO SPELL TEMPLE that he can bring my husband back to me within some few days and i laugh and said i am not interested but because of the love my friend had for me, She consulted the great PROPHET UGODOO SPELL on my behalf, and to my greatest surprise after 2 days my husband called me for the very first time after 4 years that he is missing me and that he is so sorry for everything he made me pass through. i still can't believe it, because it highly unbelievable, it just too real to be real. Thank you PROPHET UGODOO SPELL for bringing back my husband and also to my lovely friend Laura who interceded on my behalf, for anyone who might need the help of this great priest here is the

    Email address: ugodoospell@gmail.com
    Whatsap Him +15186286116

    Thanks views and readers, so i happy now

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am alive today because Dr.Ogudugu helped me to recover from the pains that i was going through, My name is Elliott from Chicago and i am very happy to express my appreciation to Dr.Ogudugu for helping me to get my husband back to me. I was finally able to contact Dr.Ogudugu who helped me to get my husband, I am glad to drop Dr.Ogudugu details which are: greatogudugu@gmail.com or WhatsApp No: +2348139793075 for urgent help to get your life partner back

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Everyone
    My mind, for some reason, wont let go of the memorys of My Wife. I had a very big problem with my wife few months ago, that lead to her leaving me. All efforts to get her back proved abortive. one day while going through the internet i saw so many testimony of this great man called Dr.Goodluck and how he helped people with all kinds of problem, his advert was everywhere,. Although I never believed in spell casting, but I had no choice than to give him a try so i contacted Him, I was so desperate to have my wife back with me once again. So I did all he told me to do. He told me that my wife will come back to me in the next 17hours after the spell is completed. I was skeptical. He casted the spell for me and i was so anxious waiting to see or hear from her, it was just 14hours after the spell was done my wife called and said she was coming HOME and she was asking for forgiveness for her ever hurting me before…..It was a dream come through for me!!! that was how my family and relationship was save and our relationship is now stronger than ever.my advice to you out there facing same problem or even worst then mine cry no more and contact this great man called Dr Goodluck He is capable of handling any kind of problem.
    Contact him with his Email him at: goodluck05spellcaster@gmail.com
    Call or Whats-app him: +2348138654465
    website http://drgoodluck.simplesite.com or http://lovespelltogetyourexback.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Everyone
    My mind, for some reason, wont let go of the memorys of My Wife. I had a very big problem with my wife few months ago, that lead to her leaving me. All efforts to get her back proved abortive. one day while going through the internet i saw so many testimony of this great man called Dr.Goodluck and how he helped people with all kinds of problem, his advert was everywhere,. Although I never believed in spell casting, but I had no choice than to give him a try so i contacted Him, I was so desperate to have my wife back with me once again. So I did all he told me to do. He told me that my wife will come back to me in the next 17hours after the spell is completed. I was skeptical. He casted the spell for me and i was so anxious waiting to see or hear from her, it was just 14hours after the spell was done my wife called and said she was coming HOME and she was asking for forgiveness for her ever hurting me before…..It was a dream come through for me!!! that was how my family and relationship was save and our relationship is now stronger than ever.my advice to you out there facing same problem or even worst then mine cry no more and contact this great man called Dr Goodluck He is capable of handling any kind of problem.
    Contact him with his Email him at: goodluck05spellcaster@gmail.com
    Call or Whats-app him: +2348138654465
    website http://drgoodluck.simplesite.com or http://lovespelltogetyourexback.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK.
    I want to share my testimony with everyone, my name is Victoria Desmond from USA, after 4 years of marriage with my husband ,he left me for another woman which led me into frustration. I did all i could to get him back but none availed, until an old friend of mine told me about a spell caster Dr.jaja on the internet who helped her in a similar problem, at first i doubted it but I decided to give it a try.I contacted the doctor (jajaspellcastertemple@gmail.com.com) he helped me cast a spell on my
    husband and within 48 hours my husband came back home to me again. I can't stop giving thanks to JAJA . Contact this great spell caster on any of your problems, he is capable of providing a lasting solution to all your problems:
    (1) Breakup and Love Spells
    (2) Bring back your Ex or lost love
    (3) Stop divorce or divorce spell
    (4) Marriage Spells
    (5) Pregnancy and Child bearing spell
    (6) Business Spell
    (7) Remove sickness from your body spell
    (8) you want women/men to run after you
    (9) Lottery winning numbers
    10) you want to be rich and famous
    (11) You want to be promoted in your office
    (12) HIV cure and sickness cure spell
    Contact this great man via: jajaspellcastertemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my name is Collins Guzman from London i know a renowned spell caster who helped me when i had problems in my marriage with my Wife. If you need a right place to solve your relationship problems contact DR.OGUDUGU TEMPLE on: ( GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM ) OR WHATSAPP +2348139793075 he is the right choice, he is a great man that has ever been.

    ReplyDelete