Monday, March 13, 2017

I had a week in between Quilt Shows Up in Washington State.


Having a week between shows is not always a luxury I have.  Last year, when I was looking at the shows in the Western Washington area I found the Monroe, WA show.  It was 2 weeks after the Sewing Expo 2017 Puyallup.  So I'm forced to slow down, especially since I'm at friend's house in Olympia and don't have the usual list of chores that I always do when I get home from a show. 

Sleeping in, Check.  Watching a lot of rain, Check.  Spending lots of great time with my friends, check, check.  I even took a drive into the little town of Tenino, WA that my parents and family lived it.  I didn't spend much time there, Junior College and working all the time kept me very busy, then I went to WSU over in Pullman, WA and they moved back to Southern CA my Junior year.   

Tenino, WA is pretty much how I remember it.  I actually had to call my younger sister to ask her where buildings were.  The horse Ranch T9O is gone.  I used to work there.  Now it sells Alpacas, not quite the beautiful horses that I got to work with every summer. 
T9O Ranch, minus the Arched sign or the Horses, sad. 

My sister, Monday's school. I never went there.


I was fun walking around.  It was very wet as I walked around the town.  Little shops, lots of empty spaces as well.  



I think the old adage, you can never go home again is probably true.  You aren't the same person you were then.  Time, experience, life and the people that have come into and out of our lives forms us into a different shape that doesn't fit into that time from before.  I know that I'm better for it.  I know that I can find happiness in many places.
I leave here on Wednesday to go pick up my sister, Monday at the SeaTac Airport.  We are setting up the next show.  I hope we see some of you there.  

Quilters Anonymous 36th Annual Quilt Show

"All Quilts Wild and Wonderful"

March 17-19, 2017

Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, WA


No comments:

Post a Comment