Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I like Funky Monkeys and stuff that doesn't bite back

Opening a new box from a fabric company is little Christmas, you know what you asked for, but until you see it in person it's always a bit of a mystery.   Funky Monkey and Brannock & Patek's Woven Basics arrived this week. 

Yesterday was a hard day, enough said.  But I love the fact that I got so many calls and notes about Brit.  Mike and I love you all.

So this morning I decided to start it out with something that always makes me smile, fabric that I haven't had before.   Now, I have had Sock Monkeys and the Socks in my Quilt show Booth and on the website for years, but I never carried the Sock monkey fabric.  It seemed to bright for my booth, and it didn't seem right to give the silly monkeys a expresso-stain dunk in the sink.  But I get asked all the TIME do you have sock monkey fabric??????

Well, I relented and ordered all the brown, red, and cream based Monkey fabric.  Of course, it doesn't hurt it comes from my FAVORITE manufacturer MODA!!! Can I get an AMEN??

I'm working on several new patterns that I hope will all be ready for Houston or sooner.  One pattern I'm calling Link-A-Dink is a new guys quilt that I'm hoping that the wovens will work with.  I'm really looking forward to working with brushed cottons again, it's been a while.  So forgiving, who cares if the checks and plaids don't line up perfectly?  I don't, part of it's charm.

I'm in Quartzite, Az at a quilt show this Friday and Saturday.  I have never been there before and I'm not to sure what to expect.  Hopefully, quilters in the desert like brown, butterscotch looking fabric.  I will let you know.   Hopefully, the hotel will have internet.  I'll post pictures of the show.  


 








No comments:

Post a Comment