Friday, August 10, 2012

Hot Days in August

Summer has finally arrived here in San Diego County.  We have been in the mid-80's all week.  I know many quilters in the mid-west would love weather like that, but we aren't use to the stickiness that comes with it. 

So with every fan turned on, and every piece of paper under something heavy, I've been cranking out customer quilts.  Looking at my show schedule the next few months has me about to say that I won't be taking on any Christmas quilts this year. 

If things work out the way I think, we will be heading to the World Quilt Show Florida IV after Houston.  That means, I won't be coming home to reload, so I have to take enough stock to supply two big shows.  Most of you who have seen my trailer and the mess I made at setting up a booth can attest to how much stuff I bring. 

The thought of having to pack and ready enough for two out-of-state shows is a bit overwhelming but possible. 

I hope all of you are enjoying the summer of 2012.
Use sunscreen. Shawn


1 comment: